Thursday, March 5, 2009

This is a great idea, Nancy.
Today was the first morning above freezing in .... a long time. It's about time.
Today I put out some lettuce I started indoor a few weeks ago. (I overhauled my plant/light table and it's doing great). Broccoli seeds sprouted in 1 day. Parsley, on the other hand, will take weeks, if at all. I refuse to give up on parsley. I've done hot water, soapy water soaks in the past.
This year's new plans for Sheila and I are for 'haricot vert' beans, a new winter squash, and to grow snapdragons for November and ?December blooms. Can't wait to grow the delicious yellow watermelon again, Orangeglo. I hope to get some straw and use liberally like Michael does. Garlic is coming up great. I read that it needs some good cold to promote good bulb formation. We had some cold alright, so I hope I have a good crop.
Isn't it amazing how things like kale and lettuce survive 0 degrees or below.

1 comment:

  1. ONE DAY! My seeds have been sitting for a week or more. I guess I need a light to speed things along.

    ReplyDelete