Monday, April 27, 2009

Frist Weeding

I spend the entire weekend weeding my rows. Peas are coming along with only a few eaten by rabbit. Spinach is doing well thanks to fish emulsion. We cleaned out the chicken house also, so I have plenty of fertilizer now. Once weeded, I found swiss chard, kale, onion and leeks sprouting from the seeds I planted a month ago. All are very small. Maybe it was too cold? I also found a meal of bok choy which I ate last night. The bugs were going at it, and a few had bolted already. Bok Choy does better in the fall. I planted some carrots like Mike suggested, as well as radish. Tomato seedlings are growing their second leaves :) That makes me happy, last year they just stopped at seedlings and never grew their second leaves. We have been eating lettuce one week now. Isn't it beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment